- Contact information
Horse Show Office:
First Choice (484) 401-6278
Second Choice (859) 608-3709
Fax (866) 285-9496
Stabling (561) 891-9081
Managers: Geoff Teal (561) 346-4488, Skip Bailey (561) 315-0707
Swan Lake Horse Shows and
Brandywine Valley Summer Series
The 2014 USHJA National Hunter
The 2014 Swan Lake Horse Shows / Brandywine Valley Summer Series USHJA National Hunter Derby Series consists of four shows occurring between May and July 2014. Riders competing at The Blue Rock Classic, Swan Lake Summer Kick Off Classic, Brandywine Summer Series I and Brandywine Summer Series II will accumulate points leading to series end awards which will be presented at the Brandywine Summer Series II show at the historic Devon Show Grounds. Awards will be presented to the top three overall horse and rider combinations as well as the top junior and non-professional senior horse and rider combinations.
These will be featured classes at these events with presentations in the ring for all classes in the series. These classes will be held in the premier show rings of Swan Lake and Devon Show Grounds.
- All classes in this Derby Series will follow the rules and regulations pertaining to the USHJA National Hunter Derby.
- Points will be calculated using the current USHJA National Derby Point Scale (1st–75, 2nd– 60, 3rd–54, 4th–45, 5th–38, 6th–30, 7th-23, 8th-15, 9th-10, 10th-7, 11th-5, 12th-3.) Plus one bonus point per horse competing. For example a horse places first in a class of 25 horses, they will receive 75 points for the first place plus 25 bonus points for a total of 100, the sec- ond place horse would receive 60 points plus 25 bonus points for a total of 85 and so on.
- Points will be accrued horse and rider combinations. The pair must show in the class in at least two shows in the series to be eligible for the series end awards.
- If there are no juniors or amateur riders in the top twelve in the class, then the highest scoring junior and highest scoring non-professional senior will receive 12th place points plus bonus points for the purpose of calculating the series end award. (This does not affect Zone bonus points and is for awards for this series ONLY.
- Riders in the USHJA National Hunter Derby Series will be required to ride for ribbons in order to claim prizes and prize money. This is a Swan Lake Horse Shows policy and is not necessarily the policy of the Brandywine Valley Summer Series.
About Brandywine Valley Summer Series
A premier hunter/jumper/equitation horse show presented by Taylor Harris Insurance Services benefitting the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County.
The Brandywine Valley Summer Series features:
- $15,000 USHJA International Hunter Derby
Sponsored by Johnson Horse Transportation
- $5,000 National Hunter Derby EACH WEEK
Week I Sponsored by Concord Pet Food and Supplies
Week II Sponsored by Outer Beaches Realty and the Riser Family
- $5,000 High JR/AO Jumper Hall of Fame Classic
- $3,500 Low JR/AO Jumper Hall of Fame Classic
- 3'3" Junior Hunter Division
- Hunter and Jumper Grooms Classes
- Der Dau Fourth of July Party
- Designated WCHR Member Event (Week I)
Recognized by: NAL, WHIS, THIS, ARIAT, SJHF, PHSA, MHSA, M&S, EPPHA, CPJHSA, PJA